Get your chalk brushes ready…you may want to brush me off today as I offer up some pointers for the blackboard of life.
1. The Golden Rule – do to others as you would have them do to you.
2. Love your enemy – it`s healthier than hating.
3. Don`t spend a thousand dollars worth of emotion on a five cent irritation.
4. Don`t worry – it is a totally unproductive pastime
5. Don`t procrastinate – it is the thief of time.
6. Smile often – it increases your face value.
7. Stop and smell the roses – before their fragrance fades.
8. Laughing and crying are comfort for the soul – they each soothe in a different way.
9. Grieve when necessary – but remember to continue to live.
10. God runs a beauty parlor – have a regular faith lift.
11. Live, love and be happy – advice to be given and taken in heaping doses.
12. It is never too late to be baptized – Jesus wasn`t baptized until he was thirty years old.
13. You are never too old to do something new – just begin.
14. Try to have twelve hugs a day – even if you have to hug yourself.
15. Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can. (John Wesley)
And now, put away the pointer, the brushes, the chalk…tomorrow the slate will be clean again for you to chalk up some lessons of your own.