My seven-year-old great-grandson loves his twenty-one-month-old little sister more than words can say. This picture says it all. Remember that saying, “actions speak louder than words”? This is it in a nutshell. My prayer is that we and the world would know such pure love.
Whether you are a hockey fan or not you might like this little item from a Toronto newscast last night.
Montreal Canadiens’ thirty-one-year-old goalie, Carey Price, took time to give a caring and meaningful hug to an eleven-year-old fan who had lost his mother to cancer last November. Carey is the boy’s idol, and the sheer joy of the moment moved the youngster to tears.
Here is a small clip from the newscast:
“Carey Price was a class act, not only giving Anderson two signed sticks, a signed puck, signed his jersey and mini-stick, but he also gave him the biggest hug,”
Anderson was not the only one moved to tears…yours truly also shed a few to see such an open show love. Happy Saturday.
Okay, so we’re not all lucky enough or blessed enough to have a special someone in our life anymore. But we do remember the time when we did, and it is a good memory. Or not.
So here’s what to do if you are all alone on Valentine’s Day.
- Thank God that you’re alive…alone or not.
- Have your favorite breakfast.
- Call someone else who is alone.
- Arrange a lunch or dinner date with them.
- If that doesn’t work go to #6 and #7.
- Prepare your favorite lunch.
- Cook your favorite dinner…better still, order in.
- Look for someone to hug…if that doesn’t work hug yourself.
- Smile in the mirror and say, “I love you.”
- Start looking for next year’s Valentine so you don’t have to be your own.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
Happiness is the best feeling in the world because it encompasses all things positive…love, hugs, good news, healing, well-being, blessings, etc. Put on your smiley face and have a Happy Saturday.
This is my place of Sunday solace. It’s not only the hymns, prayers, and sermons that draw me here, but the fellowship and hugs afterwards. Have you and God had a hug of the heart today? Happy Sunday.
The only thing I would add to today’s life lesson is to take all the hugs you can get! Happy Saturday.