One of my many favorite songs is Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah. One of my favorite performers of this song is k.d. lang. She performs Hallelujah with such feeling, the audience appreciation is palpable. Note the passion she puts into her performance, especially at the end. The song took Cohen two years to write and was released in 1984. Happy Saturday.
Tag Archives: favorites
Your Favorite Place
May you spend time in your favorite place of worship this day even if it is in the beauty of the great outdoors…give thanks. Happy Sunday.
How To Be Your Own Valentine
Okay, so we’re not all lucky enough or blessed enough to have a special someone in our life anymore. But we do remember the time when we did, and it is a good memory. Or not.
So here’s what to do if you are all alone on Valentine’s Day.
- Thank God that you’re alive…alone or not.
- Have your favorite breakfast.
- Call someone else who is alone.
- Arrange a lunch or dinner date with them.
- If that doesn’t work go to #6 and #7.
- Prepare your favorite lunch.
- Cook your favorite dinner…better still, order in.
- Look for someone to hug…if that doesn’t work hug yourself.
- Smile in the mirror and say, “I love you.”
- Start looking for next year’s Valentine so you don’t have to be your own.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
Whether you are enjoying your favorite Olympic sport today, doing your favorite thing or being with your favorite person, may your Saturday be a mountaintop experience.
A Few Days With Charlie Brown – Monday
Who doesn’t like Charlie Brown? Well, okay, some people may not, but I think he and his pals have kept us nicely entertained over the years since his birth in 1947; and good grief, he has certainly given us lots of quotable quotes to dwell on. A friend (a real friend) sent me a series of Charlie Brown clips and I want to share some of them with you over the next few days.
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13 NIV
(Scripture added by pab)
Everyone has their favorite thing, favorite people, favorite song, favorite season, etc. Last night one of my favorite people sent me one of my favorite quotes. It has been my motto for over forty years; not only my motto but my truth; and here it is: